Race report to follow!! Please let me know what you think?!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
Despite the sacrifice, long hours, pain, and all things that come with IM training, I'm glad to have chosen this road and most importantly, my family is too! OK, so it got me out of their hair many hours a week, but I believe they are very proud of their dad for setting a goal and doing the work it takes to accomplish it. This has been a one year journey, and tomorrow, it will, with lot's of luck and determination, be 140.6 miles long.
|24 hours door to door, straight. 2,356 km|
|No explanation necessary|
My race plan:
- Don't get seasick during the swim (like this week during practice). Don't swallow water, keep mouth closed.
- Muscle relaxant before bike and run, if needed.
- Consume 6 servings of Infinite on bike (6x278 cal = 1,668) and 6 gels (600 cals) = 2,268 cal on bike. Water to wash everything down, will add IM Perform from aid stations if needed.
- Keep HR around 140 bpm. If my hip holds up, I should be about 6 hours on the bike.
- Run easy to start, walk every aid station. If my hip holds up, I'll be happy. Ecstatic, actually. Heart rate approx 150, max.
- Run / walk / shuffle / whatever 1 mile at a time. Think about the sacrifices my family made to get me here. Don't let them down.
- Believe I can do it and get it done.
Posted by CouplaHounds at 5:02 PM