- Got sick in November with some kind of sinus infection so I stopped writing. I lacked content as I wasn't training or doing much of anything.
- December was nuts as we tried to close some things out at work and get ready for the holidays. Not much training and I learned that I think I just needed a break. I said to myself I'd pick it back up again January 1. Went for a few runs outside and rides on the CT. Barely even enough to call it 'maintenance'.
- I also planned a full diet regime to ensure I was eating uber healthy again, in support of my next bullet:
- Here's the highlight --> my coached swim program started January 3rd and I love it. It's a Night Owls program (9:15 - 10:15) which fits my life perfectly. With dogs, cats, kids and 'too much work', it seems that is a perfect time for me and it's working out great.
- We are now traveling every weekend for alpine skiing as the girls are in programs at Tremblant. I taught and coached there for 13 years and am pleased to see my girls on track to do the same, haha! Actually, one just started a racing program and the other will begin next year. I will say, however, they both ski technically so well and I am really really proud of them. They're out there in the cold, wind, snow, etc without any problems. Good on them!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Since I've written. About 2 months to be exact but to save my good name from being tarnished, I thought about the blog practically every day. But it was difficult to put finger to keypad when I didn't think there was really a whole lot going on that anyone would be interested in. I lacked motivation and therefore inspiration. But I figure it's time to provide a quick update and in doing so tonight, I got to thinking how bloody diversified my life is. And with diversification comes a silly amount of time investment and coordination. So here's the roll down:
Posted by CouplaHounds at 11:09 AM